“great overview” “accessible” “very relevant”
Learn to Enable Data-Driven Decisions with Power BI–> The Jr. Oil Co. Case
Calgary, Alberta Canada
The same seminar offered on three different days.
Please book through Eventbrite:
Data-Driven Decisions: please join us to learn more about this important capability
Audience: Business decision makers who want to learn more about data-driven decisions and become more aware of Microsoft Power BI’s capability. This is Not a technical IT “how-to” presentation.
Information is presented as a Case Study:
- Using a fictitious, very small, Jr. Oil Co. operating near Red Deer.
- The business case is simplified to allow for illustration of Power BI.
From this seminar you’ll understand:
- The value of question-led data analytics / data dashboards
- The value of integrating multiple sources of data
- How data dashboards generate insight
- Typical roles associated with dashboard initiatives
- Basic components of Power BI
Attendee feedback from similar sessions by Fuzeium using Calgary vehicular traffic analysis:
- “I was absolutely taken with the content, the flow, the story, your pace and your ability to create a comfortable and engaging environment for us participants”
- “The ‘storyline’ was very powerful … I stayed captivated throughout the presentation”
- “It was wonderful, and I really enjoyed how you structured the presentation”
Fuzeium is an innovative data analytics consultancy based in Calgary.
We emphasize question-led analytics, of which Microsoft Power BI plays an important part.
Decision makers in organizations can find it difficult to guide and resource data analytics initiatives. Starting with an intuitive approach of asking questions is a start…
We all can feel overwhelmed by data and analytics: so much data; many formats; so many technologies; too much jargon. Let’s lift our heads; step back and view the world through some simple frameworks…
If you have Microsoft Power BI but your team wants to better understand it, and get more out of it, consider our Calgary-based offer.
Insight From Data Dashboards: A big chunk of the work pertains to the data itself, and when it’s done well, a small portion of the effort pertains to the visual layer.
Generating insight from data takes an assembly of skills and roles–often in the form of an integrated team. We display the main areas as an arch. The red keystone, which is the business domain knowledge, holds the arch together. The left side of the arch is more technical; the right side less so. The narrative is very important in terms of explaining how the analysis of data has led to insight.
Microsoft has showcased one of Fuzeium’s Power BI Report / Dashboards.
You can access the dashboard and the video from their site.
Jun 21, 2018 – We thoroughly enjoyed delivering the seminar on Enabling Data-Driven Decisions with Power BI by analyzing Calgary Traffic Incident data (using City of Calgary Open Data as the basis).