If you do, great! Please read on...
Our focus in recent years has been on the natural gas/Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) sector.
In particular, services for large-scale capital project assurance.
Other sectors we've worked in include agriculture, think-tank research, global manufacturing, non-profit.
As a Microsoft Partner, Power BI is a central platform used in our solutions.
We are often on the lookout for experienced consultants who are excited to build amazing solutions that enable our clients to make data-driven decisions.
This position offers an unparalleled learning experience within an experienced, agile, and collaborative team.
We look for people who value courage, humility, integrity, empathy, and diversity.
These traits help us to:
Our roles are based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
We employ a hybrid working model involving home offices and our downtown office.
To design/build/support solutions across the BI lifecycle from business analysis, data identification, data access, data exploration, data preparation, data integration/modeling, data refinement for visualizations, and narration.
• Work with Power BI Desktop, Power BI Online, Power BI Dataflows
• Comfortable working with backend data sources such as databases, data lakes, websites etc.
• Follow Fuzeium frameworks for conducting question-led data analytics
• Design and build reports using effective visualizations and interactions
• Provide high-quality customer service through effective communication and reliable work
• Help to develop and maintain Fuzeium standards as needed
• Assist with cloud-based administration of related technologies
Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as engineering, science, business
• Master’s degree an asset
• SAIT Business Intelligence Program graduate, or equivalent, preferred
• Microsoft DA-100 Certification, or equivalent, preferred
• Other Microsoft certifications are an asset, especially for data engineering, Azure cloud capabilities
• Minimum of 5 years in database, data engineering, or data analytical roles
• Minimum of 2 years working with Microsoft Power BI
• Power BI: Intermediate to advanced skills with PBI Desktop, PBI Online / Premium, BPI Dataflows
• Proficient skills in DAX, Power Query/M, visualizations
• Proficient at data modeling
• Excel: Intermediate to advanced skills using functions, graphing, pivoting data, Power Query
• SQL: Intermediate to advanced skills writing queries against SQL Server DBs
• Skills deemed an asset, which can complement the role:
- Azure tenant management
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Data Factory
- SQL Server – SSAS, SSIS
- Predictive Analytics with the associated statistical skills
- Machine Learning
- Python / R
• Professional communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to interact with clients knowledgeably and confidently (email, phone, in-person)
• Able to thrive in a culturally diverse team
Please note: Applicants must be in Canada and legally able to work in Canada.
We sincerely appreciate your interest, however, we're not able to respond to all applicants.